So this time I will not say that much but I will show more…MY TOP 25 REASONS TO CHOOSE LYON OVER PARIS in pictures!
- Lyon has Paul Bocuse and Paris doesn’t! Lyon is truly the capital of the French cuisine.
- Lyon has bouchons and Paris doesn’t! Only 20 bouchons are officially certified and deemed “authentic”. All are in Lyon!
- Lyon has The Festival of Lights and Paris doesnt! And the Fete de Lumiere-unmissable & unique and truly amazing 4 days longevent event gathering visitors from all over the world.
- Lyon is much cheaper than Paris! That’s a fact!
- Lyon has beautiful historic part – Vieux-Lyon which is classified as the Unesco Site. Its great
competition to Paris monuments.
- Lyon has the modern part (Confluence district) which cannot be replicated even by Paris. It’s now one of the most sustainable and exemplary districts in Europe.
- Bike wherever you want in Lyon. Exactly there are about 4,000 bikes at 340 stations as a symbol of the well developed Vélo’v system.
- Lyon has two rivers and Paris only one! Rhône & Saone which meet together in the confluence district.
- People! Paris is very international and Lyon is very French!So..nicer, more polite, only(ok, mostly) French speaking, helful and so funny…
- Parcs…as Lyon has an amazing Tête d’Or Park. It covers 105 hectares with the 16-hectare lake, has a free zoo and botanical garden.
- The weather in Lyon is very good. In contrary to polluted Paris, Lyon gets many clear & very blue sky days!
- Lyon is a place where you will take very good photos. Thanks to the very blue sky, mountainous landscape, the beautiful reflection in the river, the light is very good for all the photos. Paris in contrary is too crowded to get good photos.
- The historical heritage with the Gallo-Roman theatre and the roman influences. The city was founded on October 9, 43 B.C., by a Roman legate, on Fourvière Hill.
- Lyon has such a hill and Paris…has a different one! It has not only a simple one hill but many and the main one is Fourvière Hill – a place where the city was born.
- Paris has Notre Dame Cathedral but Lyon has its own Notre Dame De Fourviere.
It is now part of a UNESCO World Heritage site on the Fourvière hill
- Paris has its Eiffel but Lyon has La Tour Métallique – the highest point and in fact higher than the Eiffel Tower at its summit.
- Lyon has Guignol and Paris doesn’t! GUIGNOL, the French Mr. Punch, the symbol of Lyon humor.
- Lyon has it! The Funicular of Lyon which is a network of funicular railways operating till today! You can get a ride up to the Fourvière hill.
- Paris doesn’t have it and Lyon has not one but even 9 amazing city creations points with more than sixty CitéCréation frescos. And one more modern and the only one worldwide project to come
- It is not Paris but Lyon where the movies have been invented. A big thank you to Auguste and Louis Lumiere
- Paris is poor in this aspect and Lyon very rich! Lyon is the gateway to the Beaujolais viticultural region.
- Lyon has Alps (nearby) and Paris doesn’t! Closer & cheaper & easier!
- Lyon has about 230 Traboules and Paris doesn’t have a single one! Check here as you can plan a walk to discover many hidden ones, especially in Vieux Lyon and Croix Rousse
- Paris might be a Capital of France but Lyon has more capital’s titles! Lyon is a Capital of French Cuisine; it is a Capital of Resistance. It is also the French Capital of “trompe l’œil” walls and Capital of Gaul but also Capital of Lights
- Not worse the Paris anymore! Finally Lyon got more convienent & cheaper Eurostar connections to London and direct & cheap easyjet flights to Poland
So does it make sense to you? Wouldn’t you now agree that Lyon should be the first choice of destination when you want to explore France!?