What to Do in Lyon in November 2019
Lyon Urban Trail by Night
Since 2007, Lyon Urban Trail has held an annual run by night through the slops of Fourviere, into Vieux Lyon and down the banks of the Saône, up the piedmonts and around Sainte-Foy-lès-Lyon, before finishing at the steps of the Roman Theatre of Fourvière. A well paced 26km run through some of most gorgeous night scenery in Lyon.
- When: 2nd November. 19h45.
- Where: In front of the Collège Jean Moulin, Places des Minimes, Upper Vieux Lyon
- Price: 13€ (first 8km). 22€ (first 15km). 33€ (first 26km) *Fees apply
Le Salon du Cheval de Lyon
Five full days of competitions, national and international, at the Eurexpo for the 25th International equestrian competition. Four world cup stages (Jumping, Dressage, Driving, & Jumping Ponies) along with two evenings of equestrian art shows and spectacles, including the French Garde Républicaine.
- When: October 30th-November 3rd.
- Where: Euroexpo, Boulevard de l’Europe, near Bron.
- Price: 18€ (one day, just the exhibit spaces), 60€ (five day pass, exhibit space), 63€ (Each competition)
Le Vogue des Marrons
One of the oldest fairs in the whole of France, with more than 150 years of history returns back to La Croix-Rousse for much of the month of October and the first couple weeks of November. Bumper cars, pop-gun ranges, Haunted castles and more awaits on Le Boulevard de la Croix-Rousse.
- Where: Boulevard de la Croix-Rousse
- When: Until November 11th
- Price: Free entrance
Festival de la Soie, Lyon Silk Festival
You cannot come to Lyon without learning about the most famous export in the city, Silk. The second iteration of Le Festival de la Soie will showcase silk manufacturers and artisans, highlighting the rich history and still vibrant industry of French silk
- When: November 21st-24th
- Where: Palais de la Bourse
- Price: 5€ (day pass), 10€ (event pass)
I.D. D’ART, contemporary art show
The premiere young art convention is returning to Lyon’s H7 Confluence for its 18th edition. Art deco and design, jewelry and accessories, all handmade and designed by local budding artists, perfect place for holiday shopping.
- When: November 22nd-24th.
- Where: HEAT. H7 Confluence.
- Price: 5€ (online)
Prison, au-delà des murs. An exhibition about the state of prison in Europe
Since the exhibits unveiling at Musée des Confluences, Prison, au-delà des murs has provoked discussion and reflection on the state of prisons today in France. An important and immersive experience that maturely handles such a usually uncomfortable subject.
- When: Until July 27th, 2020.
- Where: Musée des Confluences
- Price: Adult: 9€ 18/25 year old: 5€. Student (up to 26) : Free
Lyon whisky festival
For the second time ever, Lyon will play host to a whiskey festival where you can taste and enjoy young up & coming distillers, to old established names like Johnny Walker, Jack Daniels, and Gordon & Macphail. Located discreetly in the Palais de la Bourse de Lyon
- When: November 9-10
- Where: Palais de la Bourse de Lyon
- Price: 35€ (Per day), 65€ (Event pass)
Beaujolais International Marathon
Certainly a contender for best marathon in the Rhône-Alpes, the celebrated Beaujolais Marathon is more party than actual, for time marathon, with wine tasting being the most famous part of the race. The main marathon begins in Fleurie and finishes in the lovely town of Villefranche-sur-Saône.
- When: November 23rd
- Full Marathon. Fleurie –> Villefranche-sur-Saône
- Half Marathon. Villefranche-sur-Saône –> Villefranche-sur-Saône
- 13km on the Rhône. Villefranche-sur-Saône –> Villefranche-sur-Saône
- Family Marathon. Villefranche-sur-Saône –> Villefranche-sur-Saône
- Marathon: 65€
- Half Marathon: 41€
- 13km on the Rhône: 28€
- Family Marathon: 10€
Exhibit of Yves Saint Laurent at Musée des Tissus
In collabaration with the Musée Yves Saint Laurent Paris, Musée des Tissus et des Arts Décoratifs will play host to a stylish exhibit of the late fashion pioneer Yves Saint-Laurent and his relationship to Lyonnais silk and textiles. Set to last well into 2020, the exhibition will explore Saint Laurent’s life and creative process and how he was connected to Lyon.
- When: November 9th – March 8th
- Where: Musée des Tissus et des Arts Décoratifs.
- Price: 8.80€
The Day of Nouveau Beaujolais
Speaking on Beaujolais, Nouveau Beaujolais Day is coming up on the 21st of November, wherein the French government allows the new vintages to be sent out for consumption, a little while after the new grapes were harvested. A truly boozy celebration of a Rhône-Alps tradition.
- When: November 20th and 21st (00:01 on the 21st specifically)
- Where: Place Saint-Jean, Lyon 5.
- Price: Free (until you buy a bottle)