4 Weekends of Music Comes to Lyon
20 Artists Come to Lyon
From 20th June to 14th July 2019, 20 artists will come to Lyon to perform on the 2700 m2 terrace of the Maison de Lorette in Lyon 5. Many of the artists are international, including American Frederic Rzewski, who will open the concert with a piano recital.
The Acts You Can’t Miss Out On
The Superspectives festival brings together several genres of music: from jazz to rock. Here is This is Lyon’s selection of the acts not to miss out on.
- Amaury Faye Trio (30th June at 4pm) – Amaury Faye is one of the best contemporary jazz pianists, who will perform with his trio a modern style of jazz.
- Karol Beffa (23rd June 2019 at 4pm) – Prepare to be astounded by the skilled improvisations of Karol Beffa.
- OKO OKO and Luiza Kitar (27th june at 8:30pm) – A quartet formed of an electric guitar, drums, saxophone and piano, OKO OKO will offer up rock and pop music with the background of the work of video maker Luiza Kitar.
- Carte blanche à MX (28th June at 4pm) – Well-known on the Lyonnaise electronic music scene, Média MX offers the best artists, including Mirage Nord, St Paul, Steven Johnson and a live performance by Kaffe Creme & Gin Tonic Orchestra.
- Nuit blanche minimaliste (6th July at 8:30pm) – Enjoy music until sunrise thanks to Francois Mardirossian and Thibaut Crassin.
- Françaises, Françaises (14th July at 8:30pm) – Celebrate French women’s music, finishing with a DJ set accompanied by Fourvière’s fireworks.