Natural Wines from near Lyon
La Vigne sous la Plume coordinates the 3rd edition of “Le Mois du Vin Naturel”, which brings together the major players of Natural Wine, in November, in Lyon and its surroundings.
From the most historic to the newest actor, whether they are bars, restaurants, or from the cultural world, the participants put together their good spirit to restore and renew your taste of wine.
Gather around a bottle, a table, a sensory experience or a performance, learn, understand, discover and rediscover wine. The Mois du Vin Nature also includes shows and exhibitions you don’t want to miss.
La Vigne sous la Plume is an event organizing company founded by Julien Gangand, a Neo-Lyonnais, who is passionate about gastronomy.
He leans towards a cultural and playful approach of “drinking and eating” with no boundaries, linking art, the good and the beautiful, in short, a story of taste!
What is a “vin naturel”
Here is Decanter charter of quality for natural wines:
- Vineyards farmed organically or biodynamically – certification was strongly preferred, but uncertified wines were accepted
- Hand-harvested only
- Fermentation with indigenous (wild) yeasts
- No enzymes
- No additives added (such as acid, tannin, colouring) other than SO2
- SO2 levels no higher than 70mg/l total
- Unfined, and no (or light) filtration
- No other heavy manipulation (such as spinning cone, reverse osmosis, cryoextraction, rapid-finishing, Ultraviolet C irradiation)